Thursday, September 17, 2015

Empty Boxes and Empty Baskets

Alex and I are in that phase of marriage where we learn all of the little things about each other that drive us bonkers. A happy time in our lives. 

Yesterday morning I ate the last pop-tart in the box and left the empty box in the pantry. Horrible, I know. Alex was very distressed and flustered about this event. He brought it up several times throughout the day. 

I would have more sympathy except for this:
Every morning Alex walks all the way to our storage room and drops a little pile of dirty clothes right next to the laundry basket. Every single morning. And every morning I wake up and put this pile in our hamper...

I guess if I have to do that for the rest of my life, this other stuff will make up for it.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck Katie, you can train him better, I know you can, I have faith in you...as for the empty Poptart box, well, it serves him well for all the time he did it to ME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Alex on the empty box. Why WHY put it back? It would bug me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But I'm with you on the clothes dropping. Like, you can't extend your arm three more feet? haha

    ReplyDelete