Sunday, October 11, 2015

Festivities!

 Alex and I are really into free things. Mostly because we're poor. So, homecoming week is our new favorite tradition. It's been mine for the past four years, but now Alex has to participate. We got up super early on Saturday (8:30 am) and stood in line for 45 minutes to eat delicious and slightly unnerving bright blue pancakes (GO COUGARS!). We then saw a wonderful parade and got a lot of gross taffy, but also a lot of good candy.



I think Alex would like to point out that this is a relatively good haul considering we had 3,000 little kids intercepting our candy the whole time. Alex had no shame in stealing candy from a baby. 


We also let our creative juices flow this weekend. This is a picture of a package we are sending to my brother David on his mission in Florida. I have been a horrible sister as of late, which was pointed out to me by his letter to me a few weeks ago. Anyways, these are some dollar store finds for David for the holidays. If you're wondering why this picture is upside down, its because I don't know how to flip it. You can get the gist of it at a glance. Lots of crap he doesn't need or want. 


Last, but not least, we spent more time than we should have on decorating our home for Halloween. When we went to the dollar store to get some cheap looking headstones and witches hats, we found that it had been ransacked, probably by other poor college students. Therefore, we used a lot of construction paper. I'm quite pleased with our tacky and cheap decorations. 

This was Alex's creation. He wanted to make a pathway of bats that came in the window and through our bedroom....which did not happen. 


Also Alex's creation.  


If you can't tell what this is, its a paper chain. A classic.


A pumpkin chandelier. Alex made these too...as I write this I'm starting to realize how little decorating I actually did...


I taped these bats on! There's my contribution. I also made Alex buy these cute pumpkins. That is fake blood on our fake candles. (that Alex did)


Just wait til Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. I want a husband like yours, who loves decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely homemaker he is. Also, if I call you up and tell you you're a horrible sister, do I get a package too?

    ReplyDelete