Sunday, October 25, 2015

Bweekend


 Last weekend was Alex's birthday weekend, or as Alex likes to call it -- bweekend. Considering last year was "the worst birthday of his life" and this is the first birthday I will be directly responsible for a person's overall happiness, my anxiety levels were through the roof.
Let me take you through our bweekend journey.

Friday night, I bought him some new pajamas (since he currently only wears horrible flannel Mario kart ones) and we ate strawberries with melted chocolate and some Martinellis while we watched the BYU game..


Saturday, we spent the afternoon helping my friend move. BUT we managed to make it to the pumpkin patch and go to dinner at Macaroni Grill. The best part of the weekend was when we ordered lobster ravioli and steak and only paid 43 cents. God bless gift-cards and restaurant mess ups. The rest of the night we spent carving pumpkins and watching Hocus Pocus, which I was appalled to learn Alex had never seen....







Alex got a pretty good haul this year. Thanks moms! If you look at his gifts, you'll notice that I married a 12-year old. 



As you can imagine, life with Alex is quite interesting. Here are just a few of my favorite things about Alex:
1. Almost every day Alex will say "Hold up I need to snapchat this." Last night he said "Is it weird that I save my snapchats to text my mom with?" This one was at Thai Pan.


 2.  His dancing skills. They are super weird and he does them in department stores and the library, but they're pretty sweet moves.
3.  He might just look cute as an old man...fingers crossed.

3. He is a diligent and thoughtful home teacher, despite his slightly odd, PhD Physics student companion. 
4. When I'm stressed out to the max he surprises me with flowers. 
5. We are sending copies of the Book of Mormon to David. This is the note that he wrote for the package.


6. He likes to cook waaaayyyyyy more than I do. Which is good because I'm a ditz in the kitchen.
7. He works very hard for us with very little sleep.
8. Today he made me pretend to cuddle with him at church so he could pick his nose.

Things I don't love: this face.


Happy Birthday Alex! I love you!

2 comments: